Jowar Upma is a healthy breakfast recipe. It is easy to make, delicious and will help you stay energised for a longer time. It’s very healthy for kids as Jowar is rich in Protein, Fibre, Calcium, and Magnesium along with Copper & Iron. Even if you are planning to loose weight, this gluten free millet can be very helpful given its high dietary content. With Organic Wisdom’s Jowar Rava, start your day with a nutritious & delicious breakfast.
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: Just gets ready in 20 minutes
- 1 cup Organic Wisdom’s Jowar Rava
- 1 tsp. Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tsp. asafoetida (Hing)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 split chillies
- Grated ginger
- Salt (as per taste)
- Pinch of turmeric
- 2 teaspoon refined oil
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 6 curry leaves
Cooking Tip: Because it has more fibre, it requires 20% more water than traditional Upma and must be cooked on low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Step 1: Take 4 cups of water & boil it.
- Step 2: Heat oil in another pan. Sauté mustard seeds. When they splutter, add urad dal, asafoetida & curry leaves & sauté on a medium flame.
- Step 3: Add onion, chilli & ginger. Sauté for a minute.
- Step 4: Add other chopped vegetables as per your taste.
- Step 5: Add salt & turmeric. Add 1 cup roasted Jowar Rava with boiled water.
- Step 6: Make tasty and healthy Jowar Upma.