Ragi Rava is a healthy alternative to Semolina Rava, as it’s one of the richest source of calcium in plant based food category. Besides, calcium, its loaded with iron, fibre and other essential micro nutrients. With Organic Wisdom’ Ragi Rava, start your day with a healthy breakfast.
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: Just gets ready in 20 minutes
- Organic Wisdom’s Jowar Rava
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- 1 finely chopped carrot
- 1 finely chopped chilly
- Mustard seeds
- Urad dal
- Turmeric powder
- Curry leaves
Cooking Tip: Ragi Upma needs more water due to more fibre content (1:4 proportion)
- Step 1: Roast 1 cup Ragi Rava in a non-stick pan on medium flame for 4-5 min till it turns light brown in colour and nice aroma starts coming from it, while stirring continuously. Keep aside. Boil water in another pan and add salt to it.
- Step 2: Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds.
- Step 3: Allow to crackle and then add urad dal, turmeric powder, asafoetida & curry leaves.
- Step 4: Add chopped onion & sauté till it turns slightly pinkish.
- Step 5: Add the carrot with chilly, green peas. Sauté on medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Step 6: Add 1 cup roasted Ragi Rava. Add salt & sauté on a medium flame for 1-2 min.
- Step 7: Add 4 cups of hot water & cook on a slow flame for 2-3 min or till the water evaporates while stirring continuously.
- Step 8: Cover & keep it aside for 2-3 min
- Step 9: Serve the Ragi Upma immediately.